Sunday, August 30, 2009

Yummy tomatoes




I picked numerous cherry tomatoes from these 2 plants planted in my 4 foot square garden. I had a couple of stakes as you can see in the photo that they were tied to. However they outgrew the stakes and lay over onto the ground. My lawn care fellow has been very good not to mess up the tomato plants. I think he weed wacks close but hasn't damaged them and keeps the yard looking good.
I think when I replant the square I will not plant such tall plants. I didn't know that the zinnias were the giant ones. The smaller pom pom type would be prettier in this arrangement. I will probably plant future tomato plants at the back fence so the front yard doesn't look so messy with them all over the ground. It has been too hot for the green beans that I planted. They were leggy, thin, and didn't produce much of anything. Ugly actually. The cuumber plant got buggy and died. Lettuce didn't come up. Florida is very different when it comes to gardening. I may stick to flowers. I do better with those.

No comments: