Friday, June 21, 2013

God's Creation looks different now than since my last post

The First day of Summer
It is amazing that Spring has come and gone already.
Today is a beautiful perfect day for a summer day.  Temperatures in the high 70's low 80's
I will post some of the beautiful flowers that are round about us.



Day Lilies just outside travel trailer.  We use this as a headquarters while we are developing our property .  Perhaps next year we will be able to move into our tiny house yet to be built.


Flowers in small box are impatiens.  Clicking on pic will give a larger pic.









The above are some of Amber's Roses


This is the first bloom on some that I planted this spring.



And another.  I have one other yellow and a pink one that has not shown signs of buds yet.


Amber has tried to build a rock garden here to keep soil erosion at a minimum.  It is getting better each year.  Day Lilies, rocks, some low spreading evergreen and I planted a few impatiens here this year as well.



The view out the trailer front door first to the left and then to the right.  I love the woods!!








This is a very curious sort of thing.  It is a rather ferny moss with these flower like protrusions in a coral red color and in different sizes or stages.  I know nothing about moss and spores, etc.  But a very interesting find outside my front door.  Note cicada wings and some of the body left after the great 17 year revival  this year.  A very noisy time during May but endearing as well.  Those woodsy sounds, you know?


1 comment:

Carol Noren Johnson said...

Flowers are so lovely, Sandy. Your property is beautiful and I bet the RV is fine. Remember how the people in the Old Testament camped for so many years and your RV is quite a step up. Simplicity is so wise as we age and I am trying to get there.

Love,
Carol