Saturday, May 16, 2009

Front needs help






























You can see the two front beds and yard look pretty bleak. We have been in a drought situation for some time. The last two days we have received some really good rain. These photos were taken several days ago. I have planted the red pintas in the flower bed beside the driveway. My new rose bush has been blooming well despite the lack of rain. It is suppose to be a drought tolerant one. I have trimmed all the past prime flowers off and waiting for the next round of blooms. See how the grass is practically non-existent in my itty bitty front yard. That is where I plan to put my 4sq. ft garden. I do hope it is an improvement and that I don't get any complaints from the park management over constructing it there. Other people have done things such as totally mulched their front and put edgings up around it. As I look at the photo of the front raised bed I am contemplating doing something entirely different there too. The freeze this winter destroyed my croton plants. I need to remove what is left of them. Perhaps move my crown of thorns pot and do........... something.......hmmm.

No comments: