Saturday, May 16, 2009

Next project


My plan is to remove the grass which is mostly dead, level the area and place these red patio stones so that the carport is extended to drive one car onto.

I went out this evening and removed enough grass to place about 25 stones but couldn't get the job done. I found that it is extremely important that the ground be level. Very level. I don't have much in the way of tools to do that. I am thinking about using one of my 4ft boards to drag across the area as though I were leveling wet concrete. Then get Bill's bubble level and see if I am getting the job done. The ground is very sandy and very easy to manipulate. But pulling the grass roots up is not as easy. I am putting the weed block cloth under the blocks to prevent weeds from coming up through. I will be laying more than 25-12 inch square blocks but am doing it a bit at a time. Will post another picture of my progress from tonight. I failed to take a picture after I worked today.

No comments: